Important Camp Information
Registration for Sports Camp is open to anyone ages 4-13. HMC Sports Camp will be held for six weeks during the peak summer season and located at the new Finley Center at the Hoover Met Complex. All athletes will participate in sport specific drills and games. Coach (camp counselor) to athlete (camper) ratio is 1:10. All coaches will go through training prior to start of camp and will be CPR/First Aid certified.
Camp Registration Fees
$150 – No lunch provided • $185 – Lunch provided
Early Drop-off (8:00-8:45 am) – $20/week or $5/day
Late Pick-up (4:00-6:00 pm) – $25/week or $6/day
*To register multiple siblings and receive 10% off camp price (total cost of registration) for each additional child please contact the Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
The weekly balance is due in full by end of business day each Monday prior to camp week.
*Example- Athlete is registered for week of July 10-14, balance is due by 5pm Monday, July 3.
Camp Capacity and Waiting List
Each camp week will have a max capacity of 200 athletes. Once camp is full, a child can be registered online to the waiting list at no charge. When a spot opens for that week, the registrant will be contacted and must pay in full if they decide to register for that week.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deadline to cancel any camp registration is two weeks prior to start of the selected camp week. Registration will not be refunded if camp week is cancelled after the two-week notice.
Sports Camp Procedures
• Early Drop-off 8:00am – 8:45am *additional fee
• Check-in 8:45am – 9:00am
• Sports Camp 9:00am – 4:00pm
• Check-out 3:45pm – 4:00pm
• Late Pick-up 4:00pm – 6:00pm *additional fee
Check-in: • 8:45am – 9:00am
• Each athlete must be signed in by their parent/guardian with a camp coach/administrator.
• Structured games and free play will be monitored by coaches starting with early drop-off athletes at 8:00am and will end at 9:00am when Morning Assembly begins
Morning Assembly: • 9:00am – 9:15am
• All athletes will be gathered together on main court and will participate in daily assembly with Camp Director, Camp Coordinator and Camp Coaches.
• Assembly will focus on teaching good sportsmanship through positive stories and motivational tactics.
• Coaches will have a tip of the day or skill focus for the day.
Morning Session: • 9:15am – 12:00pm
• Sport specific drills taught in multiple stations by coaches. Groups will rotate from station to station.
• Speed & Agility drills will be incorporated during morning session to coincide with sport specific drills for that day/week.
• Sport specific games that will emphasize skills learned during morning session drills and stations.
Lunch Break: • 12:00pm – 12:45pm
• Lunch break begins with youngest group starting at 11:45am and final group finishing at 12:45pm.
Afternoon Session: • 12:45pm – 3:45pm
• Team orientation – athletes will be divided into teams for competitive games, as well as non-traditional games (kick ball, wiffle ball, relays, etc).
• Teams practice with coaches and conduct team building exercises.
• Scrimmage games
• Competitive team games
• Individual competition and skills challenges
Gameday Recap: • 3:30pm – 3:45pm
• Coaches will review the skills and sportsmanship tips learned throughout the day.
• Dismissal will begin at 3:45pm
Check-out: • 3:45pm – 4:00pm
• Parents/Guardians are REQUIRED to show pictured ID when checking athlete out of camp and must be listed on form as authorized to pick up athlete.
• Coaches are not permitted to release athletes until proof of identification is provided.
• Athletes will be separated by age group during dismissal to help maintain an orderly process for coaches and parent/guardian.
• Late Pick-up is from 4:00pm-6:00pm and athletes will continue to play camp games during this period.
**Camp Director must be notified in writing if anyone not listed on your registration form is picking up your athlete that day/week.
What Athletes Need for Sports Camp
• Athletic and appropriate clothing for sports must be worn during camp. Any violation will result in the parent/guardian called to bring appropriate clothes or pick the athlete up from camp.
• Sneakers/Tennis Shoes must be worn to participate in camp. Open-toed shoes are not allowed.
• All items should have athlete’s name labeled on them and kept in a backpack or secured bag with name written on outside.
• Water bottle with name written clearly on side/top.
• Snacks are optional, but encouraged for morning and afternoon breaks. Snacks can include Gatorade/Powerade, fruit cup, banana, chips, etc. *Must be kept in closed container and placed in backpack.
• Will be provided for those who registered for the lunch option.
• If you did not select that option, athletes must bring a daily lunch with a drink. Lunch must be kept in closed container until lunch break.
MEDIA RELEASE FORM FOR CAMPER