Welcome to EXPLORE!
Our 15,000 square-foot playground and 7,000 square-foot splash pad are designed to meet the needs of all people, including those with disabilities and mobility issues. Come enjoy Hoover Met Complex’s newest feature of FUN!Contact us
PARK AREA FACTS & FEATURES
- Regional playground and splash pad located in the Hoover Met Complex.
- Universally inclusive design with 2-5-year-old play structure areas and 5-12-year-old play structure areas.
- There are 43 elevated play events and 34 ground level play events.
- Designed using the 7 principles of inclusive design and play.
- 1/8 mile fenced walking track within the park area.
- Purposefully designed point of entry to the playground.
Playground Unique Features:
- The Central feature is the 17’ tall Carly’s Clubhouse.
- Active Play Features include the roller slide.
- Cozy Spot Features include a Rockin Robin.
- Motion Features include parallel play Double Zip Track and a Roxall which is unique to Alabama.
- Musical Play area includes musical flowers and a variety of musical chimes play events (with many having adaptive mallets).
- Sensory Features provide children the opportunity to activate technology devices on the playground.
- Unique Swing Features accommodate people of all ages and abilities.
- A variety of textures on the components and around the play areas.
- Bright colors on the play equipment and color pattern / material on the ground serve a purpose.
- Purposeful shade structures throughout the play environments.
Other Unique Additions:
- First of its kind Adult Changing Room for an outdoor playground / splash pad.
- Giving Garden with a sculpture displaying donors and contributors.
- Charging Stations will be located thru out the playground area.
Code of Conduct
FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL PARTICIPANTS
PLEASE COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING SPLASH PAD RULES
- Parents/Adults are responsible for the supervision of their children.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Please avoid wearing street shoes in spray or water feature areas. Appropriate footwear for water play is recommended.
- Climbing, hanging, or swinging on any splash pad equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Please use caution as wet surfaces may be slippery. Running and rough play is not allowed.
- Firearms and/or weapons are prohibited on the premises.
- Alcohol, tobacco or intoxicating substances of any kind are prohibited.
- Anyone with open cuts or obvious skin or body infections is not permitted in spray areas.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in splash pad area.
- Balloons are not permitted in the splash pad area.
- Pets are not permitted except for service dogs.
- Bicycles, scooters, and skateboards, etc. are not permitted on the playground or splash pad areas.
- In the event of threatening or inclement weather, the splash pad will be closed.
- Be mindful of inclement weather. Splash pad shall be vacated at the first sound of thunder. Remember, “lightning kills”.
- Note: Water is chlorinated and re-circulated through a filtration system.
- In order to keep our guests safe and all areas clean, the splash pad may close due to unforeseen circumstances such as maintenance, mechanical, or operational needs.
- All guests must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe, and family-oriented manner. The use of profanity or abusive language, symbols, or gestures may result in removal from the park areas.
The City of Hoover reserves the right to remove participants for violating any of the above rules or engaging in illegal, disruptive, destructive, or inappropriate behavior.
In the event of an emergency, please call 9-1-1.