Welcome to EXPLORE!
Our 15,000 square-foot playground and 7,000 square-foot splash pad are designed to meet the needs of all people, including those with disabilities and mobility issues. Come enjoy Hoover Met Complex’s most exciting feature of FUN!
Find us at: 1060 RV Trace, Hoover, AL 35244
SPLASH PAD IS CLOSED FOR THE SEASON!
Splash Pad and Playground Rules and Regulations:
- Open to residents and non-residents of Hoover free of charge.
- Splash Pad will be CLOSED on Mondays for cleaning and maintenance. We will continually keep a high standard of cleanliness in bathrooms and high-traffic areas, with regular cleanings.
- Splash Pad may be closed at any time due to weather, maintenance, or other operational concerns.
- Water is chlorinated and recirculated through a filtration system.
- Space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. *We do not take reservations for splash pad.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed, but cannot be consumed in the Splash Pad area.
- Please use caution as wet surfaces may be slippery. Running and rough play is not allowed.
- Be mindful of inclement weather. The splash pad shall be vacated when lighting occurs within 8 miles.
- No balloons or tents inside of the fenced area.
- Appropriate swim attire is required.
- Pets are not allowed on Splash Pad.
- Food and glass containers are not permitted on Splash Pad.
- Infants/toddlers must wear swim diapers.
- Roughhousing or violent play is strictly prohibited.
- Parents/Adults are responsible for the supervision of their children.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Please avoid wearing street shoes in spray or water feature areas. Appropriate footwear for water play is recommended.
- Please do NOT move picnic tables.
- Climbing, hanging, or swinging on any splash pad equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Firearms and/or weapons are prohibited on the premises.
- Alcohol, tobacco or intoxicating substances of any kind are prohibited.
- Anyone with open cuts or obvious skin or body infections is not permitted in spray areas.
- Bicycles, scooters, and skateboards, etc. are not permitted on the playground or splash pad areas.
- All guests must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe, and family-oriented manner. The use of profanity or abusive language, symbols, or gestures may result in removal from the park areas.
The City of Hoover reserves the right to remove participants for violating any of the above rules or engaging in illegal, disruptive, destructive, or inappropriate behavior.
In the event of an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
PARK AREA FACTS & FEATURES
- Regional playground and splash pad located at the Hoover Met Complex.
- Universally inclusive design with 2-5-year-old play structure areas and 5-12-year-old play structure areas.
- There are 43 elevated play elements and 34 ground level play elements.
- Designed using the 7 principles of inclusive design and play.
- 1/8 mile fenced walking track within the park area.
- Purposefully designed point of entry to the playground.
Playground Unique Features:
- The Central feature is the 17’ tall Carly’s Clubhouse.
- Active Play Features include the roller slide.
- Cozy Spot Features include a Rockin Robin.
- Motion Features include parallel play Double Zip Track and a Roxall, which is unique to Alabama.
- Musical Play area includes musical flowers and a variety of musical chimes play elements (with many having adaptive mallets).
- Sensory Features provide children the opportunity to activate technology devices on the playground.
- Unique Swing Features accommodate people of all ages and abilities.
- A variety of textures on the components and around the play areas.
- Bright colors on the play equipment and color patterns/material on the ground serve a purpose.
- Purposeful shade structures throughout the play environments.
Other Unique Additions:
- First of its kind Adult Changing Room for an outdoor playground/ splash pad.
- Giving Garden with a sculpture displaying donors and contributors.
- Charging Stations are located through out the playground area.