For those of us who love to RV, finding useful gadgets that make your vehicle feel more like home is an incredible feeling. Whether you are living in your RV full-time or you only spend a few weekends a year on cross-country trips, here are a few devices that tech-savvy RV campers will love.
Must-Have Gadgets to Bring to an RV Park
- Portable Mosquito Repeller – Portable mosquito repellers are all the rage for tech-friendly campers. They can effectively repel mosquitos in a 15-foot protection zone. Enjoy your time at the RV Park without worrying about those pesky bloodsuckers.
- Power Hub and Charging Station – With limited space comes limited power sockets. A power hub/charging station will allow everyone in the family to simultaneously charge and power up their favorite devices.
- Laptop or Tablet – For those spending long periods of time in their RV, laptops and tablets can be their connection to the outside world. Whether you want to stay on top of your office email from the road or you simply want to research your next vacation destination — a laptop is a crucial device for today’s tech-friendly RV camper.
- Slow Cooker – The beauty of a slow cooker is you can spend your day enjoying the RV park, while still preparing a delicious meal for your family. There are hundreds of set-it-and-forget-it recipes you can use to create great meals while you enjoy your vacation.
- Portable Dehumidifier – Anyone who has spent long periods of time in an RV knows that humidity can make sleeping a real nightmare. Investing in a portable dehumidifier is a great way to ensure your family stays comfortable throughout the night.
- Portable Fan – Much like a dehumidifier, a portable fan can greatly improve the climate of your RV. Not only does it keep the air in your RV from getting stuffy, but it also provides white noise to help everyone get to sleep.
- Roku/Apple TV/Chromecast/Fire TV – Whatever provider you prefer, a device that streams media to your TV will allow you to enjoy entertainment without expensive satellite options. Simply stream your favorite movie from your laptop to your TV and spend movie nights with your family at the RV park.
- Bluetooth Speaker – A Bluetooth speaker allows you to enjoy your favorite tunes, movies, or podcasts at the RV park. The only thing to remember is don’t turn it up too loud, you don’t want to inconvenience your neighbors.
- LED lights – LED lights provide great lighting in your RV without putting a significant power strain on your electrical system. Simple LED light strips along your walkways and ceilings will improve your RV’s atmosphere and make movement a little safer.
- E-Readers – Rather than bringing a stack of heavy books, an E-reader lets even the most avid reader bring their entire collection on the road. Spend an afternoon lounging at the RV park while enjoying your favorite book.
- Fire Extinguisher – Last, but not least, a fire extinguisher is a must-have device every RV owner should invest in. A fire can be disastrous, so being prepared is crucial before you begin your trip. Overall safety is very important when traveling in an RV. Read Hoover Met Complex’s RV safety blog for more: Staying in an RV Park? Here are Some RV Safety Tips
Visit the Hoover Met Complex RV Park
If you plan on traveling through central Alabama, the Hoover Met Complex RV Park is the ideal location for your next trip. With all the amenities you need and a convenient location near restaurants, shopping, and entertainment, you are sure to have a great time. Contact Hoover Met Complex today at 866-466-8378 or send us an email at RVPark@hoovermetcomplex.com.